The C2C Education Network hosts and partners in a wide range of initiatives, events and activities that connect community networks, organizations and resources with educators across the province. We also offer an annual conference for educators from across BC to gather on the provincial PSA day in October. Check out what events we have coming up next!
UPCOMING EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
Columbia Basin Leadership Clinic
April 26-28, 2019, Nipika Mountain Resort, Kootenay National Park
This Leadership Clinic will bring together teacher leaders from the EEPSA Local Chapters from the Columbia Basin, and across British Columbia where they will learn, share, connect and build strategies to support place-based learning in BC.
More information: https://cbeen.ca/leadership-clinic
Place-Based Inquiry: Promising Practices & Inspiring Possibilities
Monday, May 6, 2019, 9:00-3:00pm, Cheakamus Centre, Squamish
$65 per person (includes lunch)
Join teachers, mentors and community partners for a full-day of place-based, experiential learning at the Cheakamus Centre in Squamish. We’ll spend the day immersed in place, inquiry and indigeneity as we share promising practices and explore inspiring possibilities. Lunch and snacks will be provided.
- Explore and experience different approaches to place-based learning
- Deepen understanding of Indigenous ways of connecting learning with, in, and about place
- Share successes and extend personal professional practice of place-based inquiry
- Support and develop networks of outdoor and place-based learning practitioners
School bus return transport from Carson Graham Secondary will be provided.
Summer Solstice Event
Join K-12 educators, post-secondary educators, community partners, collaborators and champions for change at this FREE regional network event:
- Be inspired by and connect with champions for sustainability and place-based education in British Columbia
- Celebrate and share key ingredients for success
- Learn about new ideas, curriculum opportunities and professional development events
- Enjoy a selection of hors d’oeuvres and beverages
More information coming soon!
Classrooms to Communities Provincial Conference
October 24-26, 2019, Vancouver
We are pleased to announce that with the success of the 2018 Canadian Classrooms to Communities Conference which we co-hosted, we are launching an annual provincial Classrooms to Communities Conference that will take place on the weekend over the provincial PSA professional development day in October each year.
More Information: https://c2c-bc.org/conference
RECENT EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
- Canadian Classrooms to Communities Conference, October 2018, Ktunaxa nation
- BCTF Superconference, October 2017, Vancouver
- C2C Solstice Celebration, New Westminster, June 28, 2018
- April 2018, Crescent Beach, C2C Place-Based Education Curriculum Implementation Workshop
- April 2017, Kootenay National Park, BC
- February 2018, Metro Vancouver
Solstice Networking Events
- C2C Education Network AGM
- June and December annually
- December 20, 2018, Winter Solstice Event, TELUS World of Science, Vancouver
- C2C Education Network AGM
C2C Partner Workshops (ongoing throughout the year)
- Culturally Responsive Science Classrooms (Science World)
- Get Outdoors
- An Introduction to PBE in the New Curriculum
- Where the Wild Things Are
- Place-Based Inquiry: Promising Practices & Inspiring Possibilities (Cheakamus Centres)