C2C envisions a province where all students and teachers are deeply connected to place, community and planet, are able to effectively communicate their stories of connectedness, and are taking responsibility to do so.
- Environmental challenges of our time
- Sedentary students and the benefits of outdoor time/experience
- Erosion of active citizenship
- Disengaged learners
- Education separated from the natural systems that sustain us
Place-based learning is a core foundation of our new curriculum in B.C. Teachers and students across the province are excited to be inquiring about issues and priorities that matter most to our communities with a more ‘local lens’. The C2C Education Network is working to support this leadership in place-based learning. Our goals are to:
1. Effectively communicate success stories of Place-Based Education as K-12 teaching and learning that is central to BC’s new curriculum
2. Inspire, support and enhance the ongoing and evolving work of K-12 teachers and K-12 partners in BC School Communities to integrate Place-Based Education as best practice
3. Build greater capacity and collaboration for a BC wide network of Place-Based Education leaders/mentors, including K-12 teachers, schools, school districts, organizations, associations K-12 teachers and all PBE partner
4. Support and advance the organizational goals of all C2C Partners
Contact us at email@example.com to learn more.