C2C 2021 Provincial Conference
October 22 – 23, 2021
Listening to the Land, Giving Voice to the Sea: Stories to Nourish Hope and Resiliency
From Victoria, B.C. and Online Everywhere
Call for Proposals NOW OPEN!
Join us in October for C2C 2021 as we explore stories of hope and resiliency connected to the land and sea, from classrooms to communities, at our annual PSA Day conference. This year’s conference will be coming to you live from Victoria and online everywhere on October 22-23!
The conference will feature a variety of online sessions, workshops, gatherings and other opportunities for professional learning, collaboration and dialogue. We’re hopeful that some local gatherings and regionally-based field experiences will also be possible.
Interested in sharing your work at the conference? Please respond to our Call for Proposals.
Feedback from past Conference Participants:
“Great to see student participation and gain inspiration from fellow educators on how to connect students to the real world outside the classroom, and to make curriculum connections in the process!”
“I loved the welcome and the plenary and really enjoyed the deep and authentic connection between outdoor learning and First Peoples Principles of Learning. I valued the presence of so many strong indigenous voices in the mix.”
“Wonderful to hear the stories about how people are incorporating place-based and land-based practices into their classrooms through integrated experiences. Very inspiring!”
“I really liked the passion and enthusiasm of the presenters and the attendees. The range of topics was amazing – from activity-centered workshops to developing environmental awareness and literacy.”
The Classrooms to Communities (C2C) 2021 Conference aims to support the practice of place-based learning. The conference goals are to:
- Model Place-Based Learning through highly interactive, experiential and replicable practices.
- Share and explore success stories of place-based learning as central to teaching and learning in BC’s K-12 curriculum.
- Inspire, support and enhance the evolving work of pre-K to 12 teachers and partners in BC schools and communities to integrate promising practices of place-based education.
- Build greater capacity and collaboration for a BC wide network of place-based education leaders/mentors, including pre-K to 12 teachers, schools, school districts, organizations, associations of teachers and all other interested partners.
C2C 2021 will convene both school-based and community-based educators, as well as other community members committed to place-based, community-connected learning in a wide range of settings, including:
● Administrators and Policy-makers
● Post-Secondary Instructors/Professors
● Community-based Educators
● Educators who work with elementary schools
● Educators who work with high schools
● Early Childhood Educators
● Elementary School Teachers
● Secondary School Teachers
● Teacher Candidates
● Teacher Educators
Registration opening in June. We hope you will join us!